As part of the Steam Next Fest, makers of the hit horror multiplayer game Dead by Daylight–Behaviour Interactive are inviting gamers to a “no strings attached” opportunity to take part in the open beta for their upcoming game, Meet Your Maker.
Meet Your Maker, which is expected to be released on April 4, 2023, is a post-apocalyptic first-person building-and-raiding game where every level is designed by players for players. In this dying world, players take on the role of a Custodian, servant to the Chimera: a living experiment created as a last resort to save life on Earth.
The Chimera requires a resource known as Genetic Material (GenMat) to evolve. This is where you and other players come in as you have to either build and fortify maze-like Outposts that extract and guard this coveted material or infiltrate and outsmart other players’ creations to gather more. The good thing is, you don’t have to do either activity alone; you can always form a team of two with a friend to build or raid outposts.
Extracting and investing GenMat will allow you to grow your arsenal of traps, guards, weapons, suits and more, which then means you can design more elaborate Outposts to outwit and kill trespassing players.
In the upcoming Open Beta, you will be able to test out some of the new features and improvements and these include:
New social and progression systems: Systems around sharing Outpost and connecting players.
- Champion Outpost: A curated system which puts forward Outposts that have performed well;
- Social Raid: The social raid menu will allow players to search for and raid outposts set to the Social active state;
- Ranking: Players earn Ranking Points by Raiding Outposts and Activating Outposts in the World Map.
New Building features: Focus on quality of life to build Outposts more efficiently
- Drag and Drop: When building, players can quickly place several blocks of the same type all at once;
- Trap Range Preview: When building, players can trigger a preview showcasing trap range/area of effect;
- Delete everything: When building, players can delete blocks and other elements all at once.
Improvements on the following features:
- Replay system;
- Burial sites Store;
- Onboarding / Tutorial;
- User Interface;
- And more!
The open beta for Meet Your Maker will begin on February 6 at 0900 EST (2200 SGT) and ends on February 13 at 2359 EST (February 14 at 1259 SGT). This open beta is open to anyone with a Steam account and you won’t have to pre-register or sign an NDA. In Behaviour Interactive’s words, “No fuss. Just pure fun! Well… as much fun as one can have in a post-apocalyptic future where humanity is on the brink of extinction, that is.”