Acer’s annual announcement covers an array of products stretching across its entire lineup, which now includes lifestyle-oriented products like Acerpure. What’s also encouraging is that it has not given up on its more niche offerings like the eco-centric Vero and the SpatialLabs gaming laptops. Here’s a quick rundown of what was announced.
Swift X 16
The new Acer Swift X 16 (SFX16-61G) balances between the ultra-portable Swift Go and the high-performance Swift X. It is geared towards creative work like graphic design, 3D rendering, and video editing. It features a refined 17.9 mm thin design (1.9kg weight) and supports up to AMD Ryzen 9 7940H processor (up to 45W and 8 cores) and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 Laptop GPUs with NVIDIA Studio Drivers.
The Swift X 16 comes with up to 16 GB of LPDDR5 memory, up to 2 TB of PCIe Gen 4 SDD storage, and a MicroSD slot for added storage space. It also offers two USB Type-C ports, HDMI 2.1, and Wi-Fi 6E for connectivity.
The redesigned interiors and thermal solutions with upgraded TwinAir cooling result in an improved balance between thermal performance and battery life.
The new Swift X 16 also offers an option of a 16:10, 16″ OLED panel (100% DCI-P3, 500 nites peak brightness, VESA DisplayHDR 500 and TÜV Rheinland Eyesafe) for colour accuracy and vibrancy. The laptop is also equipped with a 1080p FHD camera that’s supported by Acer’s Temporal Noise Reduction (TNR) and AI technologies for clear video footage.
The Swift X 16 also features a larger battery and Acer’s largest touchpad in the current line of laptops for those geared up for work.
The Vero lineup says hello to the Acer Aspire Vero 15 laptop and the Acer Vero PL3510ATV laser projector.
The Aspire Vero 15 laptop is powered by 13th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics. It features a 15-inch FHD IPS display, Acer VeroSense for battery management, and a 1440p QHD webcam with Acer PurifiedView and Acer PurifiedVoice enhancement tech. You also get Wi-Fi 6E and the usual plethora of ports: two Thunderbolt 4, two USB3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports and one HDMI 2.1.
The laptop is made of 40 per cent (up from 30 per cent) post-consumer recycled plastics (PCR) in its chassis while the keycaps and adapter casing use 50 per cent PCR. It is shipped in recyclable packaging and uses standardised screws to simplify repairs and recycling.
The Acer Vero PL3510ATV is a portable, Full HD laser projector with a 4,800 ANSI lumens diode (4,800 ANSI lumens, 50,000:1 contrast ratio, 30,000-hour lamp life) that saves up to 48 per cent more energy compared to lamp-based projectors. It’s made with 50% post-consumer recycled plastic in its chassis and is mercury-free.
It’s also rated IP5X for protection in any environment and is also capable of 24/7 continuous projection. Other features include a built-in 10W speaker, 2D keystone and 4 corner correction, lens shift and Chromecast.
Acer introduced four new gaming laptops: the Predator Triton 17 X, the Predator Helios Neo 16, the Predator Triton 14 and the Predator Helios 3D 15 SpatialLabs Edition. On the desktop front, it introduced the compact Orion X along with two monitors, the Nitro XZ452CU V and Predator X34 V ultrawide monitors.
It can get really long, so we’ll just do a quick list of features so you’ll get the picture.
Predator Triton 17 X
- Acer’s most powerful gaming laptop to date, designed for gamers and professionals.
- Minimalist design with a polished, sandblasted texture on the solid metal CNC unibody chassis, a delicate micro-etched RGB Predator logo, stainless-steel speaker mesh, diamond-cut highlights, and strategically placed vents.
- Configurable with up to a 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900HX processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 GPU, with up to 64 GB DDR5 5600 Hz memory and up to 4 TB PCIe solid state drives in RAID 0.
- Features a clear and bright 17-inch (16:10) display with two panel configurations, including a WQXGA mini-LED (AmLED) display with a 250 Hz refresh rate and a peak brightness of over 1,000 nits.
- Vortex Flow tech featuring a vapour chamber, triple-fan cooling system with two custom-engineered 5th Gen AeroBlade 3D fans.
- Powerful DTS:X Ultra surround sound six-speaker system.
- Per-key RGB keyboard (but of course), fingerprint reader, and glass touchpad
- Intel Killer E3100G+ Ethernet and Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX1690i, and has a full range of ports for easy connectivity
- Offers lightning-fast connectivity via Thunderbolt 4 and a fast SD 7.0 card reader (up to 985 MB/s)
Predator Helios Neo 16
- Acer’s performance on a budget laptop.
- High-performance 13th Gen Intel Core HX processors paired with up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU with a Maximum Graphics Power (MGP) of 140 W. Up to 32 GB of dual-channel DDR5-4800 MHz RAM and up to a 2 TB PCIe NVMe SSD in RAID 0.
- Custom-engineered all-metal AeroBlade fan technology and liquid metal thermal grease.
- Various panel options, including a WQXGA (2560×1600) IPS display at 165 Hz and 3 ms response time and a WUXGA (1920×1200) display with a 165 Hz refresh rate covering 100% of the sRGB colour range. Both stellar display options include NVIDIA Advanced Optimus and G-SYNC, ensuring the smoothest and most vivid visuals during fast-moving gameplay scenes.
Predator Triton 14
- Thin laptop for gaming and work; the slim and powerful form factor measures 18.9-19.9 mm thin.
- Up to a 13th Gen Intel Core i7-13700H Processor and an NVIDIA GeForce RTXTM 4070 or 4050 Laptop GPU, with up to 32 GB of 6000 MHz LPDDR5 RAM and an M.2 SSD slot.
- Custom-engineered 5th Gen AeroBlade 3D Fan Technology, Vortex Flow airflow optimization, and liquid metal thermal grease on the CPU.
- High-speed Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX1675i
- 14-inch (16:10 aspect ratio) with up to a WQXGA (2560 x 1600) Mini LED with 250 Hz refresh rate, DisplayHDR 600 certification and 100% DCI-P3 coverage.
- Full range of ports including a MicroSD card reader.
Predator Helios 3D 15 SpatialLabs Edition
- Predator’s glassless 3D gaming laptop.
- 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900HX Processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTXTM 4080 Laptop GPU with up to 32 GB of faster DDR5-5600MHz memory.
- Next-generation cooling technology.
- Intel Killer E2600 Ethernet Controller and Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX1675i.
- Features SpatialLabs eye-tracking solution, 15.6″ stereoscopic 3D display, and real-time scene rendering technologies.
- TrueGame application to enable glasses-free 3D gaming, with different 3D gaming modes with 3D+ and 3D Ultra settings for over 70 titles, with more being added constantly.
- Full range of ports, including two USB 3.2 Gen2 ports, two Thunderbolt 4 ports and a micro SD card reader.
Predator Orion X
- Space capsule-inspired desktop.
- Small, portable chassis (only 9kg) with removable magnetic front cover and metal side panels, and multiple “zones” for ease of customisation.
- Up to the special edition 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS (yes, that up to 6Ghz ‘gigachad’ processor) and up to a custom-engineered, liquid-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 GPU.
- Up to 32 GB DDR5-5600 RAM, two M.2 SSDs (up to 1 TB each) and an illuminated, hot-swap NVMe M.2 SSD drive bay.
- Intel Killer E3100G and Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX211.
- Two USB 3.2 Gen1 (one Type-C and one Type-A), a mic and combo jack at the front, a USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C port, three USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A ports, two USB 2.0 and one RJ45.
- PredatorSense 4.0 utility for monitoring, overclocking and customizing RGB lighting preferences.
Nitro XZ452CU V
- Ultrawide monitor with smooth visuals.
- Large 44.5-inch screen and 1500R curvature with ultrawide 32:9 (5120×1440) aspect ratio and a refresh rate of 165 Hz.
- 90% DCI-P3 coverage and VESA DisplayHDR 400 and Eyesafe 2.0 certification.
- Supports AMD FreeSync Premium Pro.
- Ergostand for flexible positioning.
- Three-in-one USB Type-C port for display, data transfer and device charging, RJ45 port, and USB-B (KVM switch) port.
Predator X34 V
- Powerful and futureproof.
- 34″ OLED UWQHD (3440×1440) display with 1800R curvature and 21:9 aspect ratio.
- 175 Hz refresh rate and 0.1 ms response time (G to G).
- VESA DisplayHDR TrueBlack 400 and DCI-P3 99% colour gamut.
- Supports AMD FreeSync Premium and VRR (Variable Refresh Rate).
Acer launched two new Chromebooks, the Acer Chromebook Spin 714 and Acer Chromebook Enterprise Spin 714, aimed at consumers, families, and businesses. The 2-in-1 Chromebooks are flexible with a 360-degree convertible mode and support a quick-charging USI stylus (optional).
The two Chromebooks feature the new 13th Gen Intel Core processors and offer up to 10 hours of battery life with fast charging (30 minutes for four hours of use).
The 14-inch Chromebooks also have a WUXGA display with 100 per cent sRGB coverage and a QHD 2K webcam; little touches that significantly improve the user experience. Other perks include a Corning Gorilla Glass touchpad and an optional fingerprint reader.
They also have Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2, along with HDMI and two Thunderbolt 4 ports; pretty comprehensive, connectivity-wise. The Chromebooks meet Energy Star certification and come in eco-friendly packaging made from fully-recyclable materials. The anodises aluminium chassis also conforms to US MIL-STD 810H standards of durability.
In addition, the Acer Chromebook Enterprise Spin 714 also supports Intel vPro technology for additional manageability and security controls and has access to Chrome Enterprise Upgrade features.
Acer’s new lineup of TravelMate business laptops has been updated to meet the performance and mobility requirements of today’s hybrid workforce and features the latest 13th Gen Intel Core vPro processors, 16:10 premium OLED displays, 65 Wh fast charging, long battery life and secured log-in with a fingerprint reader or IR camera.
Other features include Acer Dust Defender technology to minimise dust accumulation, Acer Light Sensing technology to adjust the brightness and colour temperature of the display, a keyboard with larger touchpads and quieter clicks, use of PCR plastic and ocean-bound plastic and 100= per cent plastic-free and recyclable packaging, TCO certification with selected configurations in some countries and EPEAT rating, and Windows secured-core PCs with TPM 2.0 and Acer’s User Sensing technology to keep data safe.
TravelMate P6 14
- Large 2.8K OLED display panel with 16:10 aspect ratio and DCI-P3 colour space coverage
- Intel vPro and Intel Evo design
- 13th Gen Intel Core i7 processors
- 32 GB LPDDR5 memory
- FHD IR webcam
- AI-powered noise-reduction technology through Acer PurifiedVoice
- Upward-facing speakers with DTS Audio
- PrivacyPanel feature to obscure viewing angles beyond 90°
- 2×2 Wi-Fi 6E and 5G connectivity
TravelMate P4 14 and TravelMate P4 Spin 14
- 13th Gen Intel Core i7 vPro processors
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2050 GPUs
- Magnesium-alloy chassis (P4 14)
- Thin bezel display with up to 2.2K resolution (P4 14)
- Corning Gorilla Glass and touchscreen panel with up to WUXGA resolutions (P4 Spin 14)
- Dockable stylus for handwritten note-taking (P4 Spin 14)
TravelMate P2 14 and TravelMate P2 16
- 14- and 16-inch 16:10 WUGXA screen with IPS wide-angle view of up to 170 degrees
- 13th Gen Intel Core processors and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2050 GPUs
- Larger OceanGlass touchpad
- Keys with 1.55mm travel distance
- 180-degree hinge that lets the laptop lay flat when needed
- Support for Wi-Fi 6E and 4G LTE
- Thunderbolt 4 Type C port that supports 40 Gbps data transfer and dual 4K displays
The Acerpure Pro Vero Air Purifier is the first air purifier to use post-consumer recycled materials in the chassis. It’s made with 35 per cent PCR materials, which reduces CO2 emissions by 20 per cent (compared to virgin plastic) during production.
The air purifier is equipped with a PM2.5 air quality sensor and can automatically switch to the appropriate operating mode in real-time. The advanced 3-in-1+ HEPA filter isolates bacteria and 99.9 per cent of suspended PM2.5 particles, while the activated carbon cotton-infused filter is given an anti-formaldehyde coating that removes 99 per cent of formaldehyde and other harmful substances.
The Acerpure Pro Vero air purifier also has a power-saving Green Mode that self-adjusts its purification power based on surrounding conditions and operates with reduced noise and no lighting, and notifies users of the current air quality through three different light indicators.
Prices and availability of all products will be confirmed at a later date.