The Legacy of the Bretons is the latest chapter of The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). The new chapter will make its debut this year on June 6, 2022 for PC and Mac, while Xbox and Playstation owners will get their fix on June 21, 2022.
Despite their considerable presence in the Elder Scrolls universe, we have not seen much of Breton society. Well, that changes with this update. The Systres Archipelago takes centre stage this year and offers a backdrop inspired by the stunningly beautiful shores of the Mediterranean and steeped in medieval culture and architecture.
In particular, ESO will be turning their attention to two of the four islands: the prison island of Amenos, as well as High Isle, home of the Bretons and the highly feudalistic society in Gonfalon Bay, where all the social elite reside. It’s a setting where political hijinks is the heart of the community and ruthlessness is a virtue. With political intrigue and factional infighting driving the primary narrative of the new season, ESO undergoes a tonal shift.
The High Isle Chapter is a standalone story but it picks up from the Ascending Tide DLC that launches in March. You will be charged with uncovering the plots of a sinister order of knights that threaten the peace and security of High Isle. Leading the rogue group is a mysterious force named the Ascendent Lord, who is seeking to claim an ancient legacy.
The most prominent addition to ESO is a deck-building game called Tales of Tribute. You can play this against NPCs and fellow players in taverns all around Tamriel to unlock unique rewards, achievements, collectables and more. This includes furnishings, transmute stones, and even advancing a storyline if you play against specific NPCs around the world.
Other additions include:
- Two new characters: Ember is a street-smart Khajiit with a knack for magic, and Isobel is an aspiring Breton knight with a strict code of honour.
- A new 12-player Trial named Dreadsail Reef
- New World Events called Fissures
- New Delves and Public Dungeons to explore and World Bosses to fight
- A host of unique stand-alone quests
- More Antiquities, item sets and rewards unique to the High Isle zone
The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle is available for pre-order in the following editions:
- The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: High Isle
- The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: High Isle CE
- The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle Upgrade
- The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle Upgrade CE
The upgrades are for the High Isle Chapter alone, so new players can consider getting the collection instead, which gives you access to the base game and all previous chapters (Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, Greymoor, and Blackwood).
On top of that, these are the pre-order rewards at launch:
- Abecean Privateer’s Apparel costume
- Knights of the Flame Puppet
- 1× Dark Chivalry Crate
- 3× High Isle Treasure Maps
- 2× Experience Scrolls, granting double XP
Furthermore, if you pre-order from now till April 4, you will get immediate access to the Palefrost Elk mount and Palefrost Elk Fawn pet.
Purchases can be made via the ESO Store, retailer or platform store of their choice.