As NBA 2K22 edges closer to release day, 2K has updated fans with an in-depth look at gameplay features for this year’s edition.
NBA 2K22 has been designed with faster-paced gameplay and more skill-based offense in mind. The movement of the players is more responsive and tighter as well.
Here’s a summary of the new features:
- Defensive AI has been overhauled, which means tighter defensive positions and a generally tougher defence.
- New shot contest and blocking systems that reward players with good defensive instincts and anticipation.
- Dribbling feels different now with its faster pace and tighter control around the court. More control over dribbles, complete with unique dribble sequences combos, cancels, and move chains.
- New movement and a new arsenal of back-to-basket moves for Post Play.
- New shot meter to reward you for setting up smart shots. Meter will expand when you take high-quality shots with good shooters but will shrink when shooting with a low-rated shooter in heavily contested situations or when fatigued.
- Rim protectors have a better chance to stop dunks and you have to time your finishing shot perfectly now. You can also customise your dunk repertoire with an all-new Dunk Style Creator.
- Tweaks to encourage balanced and diverse builds. The total badge count has increased to 80 to offer more ways to impact the game. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S players will also get Takeover Perks, which can be unlocked to strengthen existing Takeover abilities.
For full details on the new features, check out 2K’s Courtside Report .
Currently scheduled for a September 10 release, NBA 2K22 will be available on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC platforms.